Saturday, August 9, 2008

Searching For The Perfect Make-Up Academy

What creates the perfect Make-Up Artist? Seriously?

In anything you do, I believe that you need to have passion for what you are doing.
However, passion isn't everything...there is more...a lot more...and I'm not sure what it is.

Therefore, the search has begun for the perfect make-up academy. I think it is very important that no matter what the field of work you may be in, that you have the proper education for it. I don't doubt that there are fanatics out there who were born with the ability to create art without the proper training...and I envy those people...while at the same time, I stop to wonder if that is ever enough...being fanatics. I'd like to think of myself as having a little bit of that artistic fanatic in me...but I am not ashamed to say I don't know it all.

For the past couple days, I have been dedicating some time to the search of the perfect make-up academy. When I say perfect, I am not talking about 'Perfect' in every aspect, but more so perfect for me. When I talk to the enrollment office, I want to feel butterflies in my stomach. Is that weird? I just want to make sure that I choose the right path and go the direction that leads me to success not failure.

In this world of 'googling'...I thought what better way to find out who is out there...where can I go to get my feet wet, and come out of the program completely soaked? Where can I go that will take the passion I already have and make me crave more? To tell you the honest truth...at this moment in time I have no Idea what-so-ever!!!

Who knew that there were so many Make-Up schools?? Researching these schools is going to get tougher. I have already received calls from 2 different schools...and I politely say that at this moment in time, I am still in search of the academy that suits me perfectly, decline the tour, and ask for brochures in the mail. I am being honest right?

Enrollment offices are like vultures sometimes...and I feel like the prey! I guess a lot of schools are that way...cause each student adds to the tuition received. It is quite sad thinking that for most places, that is what it is all about, that extra tuition. I am not a millionaire!!! I am actually looking into schools that are offering financial aid, and loans...but you never want to mention that off the bat. I want to feel convinced that at the end of my course in whichever academy I choose, I will have the confidence to go out and consider myself a Make-Up Artist.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am proud of you best friend...we are going to have fun on Monday with one of your many trial runs! Love ya!