Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Sparkle Your Destiny

'Sparkle Your Destiny' is a dream in the process of becoming a reality. The dream came from my Best Friend Tawny Tsang who out of the blue while sitting at a small table inside Border's Cafe blurted to me...I forgot to tell you, but I know exactly what it is I can vision you doing!! I admit, I was a bit skeptical at her sudden enthusiasm for my career...but she is my best friend, and who better to listen to than her.

'What is this dream'? Have you ever heard anyone say 'Do What You Love and Love What You Do' or maybe it is the other way around 'Love What You Do and Do What You Love' either way...they both sound pretty darn good. About 4 years ago, I attended Cosmetology School...not so much with the passion to do hair, but the passion to bring art to life. I love that terminology 'Bring Art To Life' and it can be done in so many ways...my way of bringing art to life is exactly what is behind 'Sparkle Your Destiny'.

Throughout cosmetology school, I realized I really enjoyed working with colors. When you give an artist a paint brush, what does he need? He needs an empty canvas to bring his art to life! While in cosmetology school, I realized that my canvas as an artist were all the beautiful faces right before me. Everyone had their own shade of skin, their own look, different shaped eyes, different shaped faces, different shaped lips...and totally different personalities! I dreamed of what kind of make-up would enhance their features, without hiding their natural beauty...I was itching to learn, to use them as my canvas as I pulled out my 'paint kit'...the only obstacle in my way was that Cosmetology School never emphasized the art of Make-Up...it was all about the HAIR!!! Coloring hair in my opinion was a little bit too messy...and not so artistic!!!

Reluctantly, I did what I was told, I cut, colored, and styled hair day in and day out...and the very few slight chances I had to play with make-up I made the best of it. I will never regret everything that I learned about hair...because I developed a slight passion for hair...but it can never compare. This is the beginning of a brand new journey...as I dust off the old paint kit, and search for empty canvasses to bring my art to life. Join me in my journey...as I rediscover my dream of bringing the art of make-up to life.

No comments: